Hurstlea, High Street, Hawkhurst, Kent TN18 4AG firstname.lastname@example.org
I may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 14th May 2018
What I collect
I may collect the following information:
· Your name and job title.
· Contact information including your email address, postal address and telephone number.
· Demographic information such as postcode.
It is important that the personal data I hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep Me informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with me.
I do not collect any special categories of data.
The legal basis for processing your data
I collect this data from you on the following legal basis:
Showing my work, discussing projects and keeping in contact with you and providing quotations as a result of your request.
· In the case of your corporate email address (where you have provided me with this), that I have a legitimate interest in doing so for my own commercial marketing activities and activities related to customer satisfaction and product development and service improvement where my use of your data is proportionate, has a minimal impact on your privacy and promotes an activity that you might reasonably expect me to be engaged in.
How is your data collected?
I use different methods to collect data from and about you, including through:
· Direct interactions with you when you fill in a form or correspond with me by post, phone, email or otherwise;
What I do with the information I gather
I use, store and process this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular, for the following reasons:
· Internal record-keeping and to administer any account(s) that you might have with me.
· I may use the information for my legitimate business interests to improve my products and services to you.
· I may periodically send promotional emails about new products or services, special offers or other information which I think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided and given me consent to use or, where you have provided me with a corporate email address, for my legitimate interests (as described above), provided you have not unsubscribed.
From time to time, I may also use your information to contact you for my own market research and survey purposes. I may contact you by email, phone, fax or post but only in accordance with your express and explicit consent for such contact. I may also use the information for my internal business purposes and legitimate interests of improving customer satisfaction to customise my website(s) according to your interests to provide you with a better experience.
How long do we keep your personal information for?
I will only retain your personal information for the minimum time that is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. In relation to financial and transactional data this will be for a period of approximately 6 years after the date of the transaction. In the case of marketing consent, I will contact you to renew this every six years.
Controlling your personal information – your rights
You may choose at any time to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
· Right to withdraw consent, data retention and the right to be forgotten - If you have previously agreed to me using your personal information or I am using your contact details for my legitimate interests for direct-marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing me at email@example.com I will comply with your request within one month of receiving it. Please note, there may be certain circumstances such as a legal obligation that I may have, that means that the right to be forgotten (your right to have your data erased) cannot be implemented but I will inform you of this should you contact me on this basis.
· Right of data portability – You have the right to request a copy of the data that you provided me with in order that you can reuse it for your own purposes across different services. This right is only applicable if you have given me explicit consent to process your data or if I have used it for the performance of any contract(s) I may have (had) with you. If you wish to do this, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org I will provide the information in a commonly used and machine-readable format free of charge.
· Right of access to your data - You may request details of personal information which I hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email me.
· Right to rectification of inaccurate data - If you believe that any information I am holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email me as soon as possible. I will promptly rectify any information found to be incorrect.
· Right to object to processing of your data – You have a right to object to my using your data for marketing under the basis of ‘legitimate interests’ and if you wish to do so, please contact me.
Disclosures of your personal data
I will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless I have your permission or are required by law to do so.
I may need to disclose your data to third parties to whom I may choose to sell, transfer, or merge parts of my business or my assets.
I require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I do not allow my third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
I am committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, I have put in place appropriate physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information I collect online. All your information is stored either electronically on my secure servers. I limit access to your personal data and it is subject to a duty of confidentiality.
In the event of any data security breach, I will comply with my legal responsibilities to notify the applicable regulator and you as outlined in the applicable legislation.
If you have reason to make a complaint, then you should contact me in writing as soon as possible at email@example.com
A cookie is a small text file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
I may use traffic-log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps me analyse data about web-page traffic and improve my website(s) in order to tailor it to users’ needs. I only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and the data is then removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help me provide you with a better website experience, by enabling me to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives me access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with me.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer.
Links to other websites
Our website(s) may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave this website, you should be aware that I do not have any control over those other websites. Therefore, I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.